Thursday 10 January 2013

What time is it?

I have been without a phone since December 28th.  I hate wearing watches so I seriously ask Chris what time it is constantly.  My phone is my brain and like most people I have everything on it.  Without a calendar I have no clue what day it is.  So sad.  It has been nice not having it but it just reminds me that I can't easily call or text friends/family since you guys are snoozing away most of my day. :(  The good news is that Chris will get his new work phone by the end of this week.  Sadly we need his employment pass and my dependent pass in order to get me a cell phone.  That process takes a week and includes passport photes and finger printing.  I am sure the kids will think it is cool to do that since they need their passes too.  Eventually I will have a cell phone and my hubby is so lucky that I will only have him to text and bother.  Well, until I meet some people.  I think he may encourage me to get out.  Ha!

On a different note.  We have temporary furniture and our air shipment arrived at our apartment yesterday.  The kids enjoyed playing with all their stuff that they had to let go on December 17th.  I was able to get some cleaning done and my body really hates me now.  The tile and mirrors in the bathrooms go almost up to the ceilings.  I had to stand on the counters to reach the top.  Note to self, get a step stool!  It took me forever to get all 5 bathrooms done.  I still have to conquer the marble floors that go on forever.  Ok, I am starting to think a maid could be amazing.  Is it ok to tell the kids and Chris that we can only use one bathroom?  Hmmmm.....

We are still in the service apartment and will stay until Saturday morning.  With Chris working it will be easier to check out then and have all the bags taken over.  Where did all this stuff come from?  Anyway, today we are being lazy since we didn't have to rush off for some appointment.  My body needed the break and I think the kids are liking it too.  They are excited to hit the lunch buffet at the hotel and then the pool.  Sounds good to me!






No comments:

Post a Comment